EAGLE TECH UNIVERSITY MISSION
Eagle Tech University, a privately owned independent university located in Tampa, Florida, offers bachelor's, masters and doctor's degrees and professional certifications in the fields of information technology, business, and health.
It is ETU mission to serve the educational needs of students worldwide through the highest quality education in technology and management, thus meeting the global needs of industry, business, education and government for highly-skilled employees with the ability to think critically and solve problems creatively.
As a distance-learning institution, ETU strives to be a student-centered community that is enriched and energized as it responds to the intellectual, professional and personal goals of individual students of diverse races, ethnicities and ages by offering self-paced programs that remove the barriers to success in higher education and allow students to maintain their personal and professional responsibilities while pursuing a degree.
To achieve its mission, ETU:
- Develops curricula with the distance learner in mind, using the latest instructional technology and appropriate college-level texts that motivate and support the self-directed learning activities of its students.
- Provides students with the ability to develop strong interpersonal skills with an understanding of social responsibility and modern business practices through a strong general education curriculum in the liberal arts and business.
- Develop and prepare bilingual students to serve with high competitive and high quality professional and human required through today world of business.
- Individualizes the educational program through open student/faculty interaction and student-to-student collaboration.
- Encourages higher-level thinking shills through courses that require assimilating and synthesizing knowledge for practical application.
- Provides student support services that build a sense of identity and shared goals among students.
- Support a highly qualified faculty that is student and teaching oriented and is engaged in scholarly research and professional activities.
- Is world-minded, recognizing students must prepare to function in an increasing interconnected global society.
- Encourages students' commitment to life-long learning in the rapidly changing fields of technology and business.
- Promotes the accessibility of post-secondary education to the majority through the cost efficient benefits inherent in distance education.